practitioners in their
The science of healthier animals
MSD Animal Health, the maker of Bovilis®, is a global, research-driven company that develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of veterinary medicines and services.
We offer one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios, spanning products for the prevention, treatment and control of disease in all major farm and companion animal species.
We are a highly proactive, robust and diversified company with a strong, scientifically proven product portfolio and an ever-growing reach. With offices in more than 50 countries, we successfully market our products in more than 140 countries and operate a network of manufacturing sites and research and development (R&D) facilities around the world.
Our aim is to create value and contribute to the ongoing success of our customers. In short, we aim to earn the trust of our customers every day. By listening carefully to all stakeholders and putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we provide innovative, high-quality and, above all, effective products and services for farm and companion animal species.
By consistently delivering the highest standards of quality, professionalism and integrity, our goal is to become the partner of choice for veterinarians, producers and animal owners.
Building on Bovilis® products and expertise, MSD Animal Health supports farmers and veterinary practitioners in their preventive approach.
History of Bovilis®
Vaccine innovation is at the core of Bovilis®. We have had multiple innovations over the years and continue to bring innovative products and claims to support our offering to keep cattle healthy and productive.
- Bovilis® Rotavec Corona is the first vaccine that can be stored in the Fridge for up to 28 days after broaching the vial for the first time.
- Bovilis® INtranasal RSP® is the first vaccine that can be administered from birth onwards.
- Bovilis® Rotavec® Corona is the first bovine vaccine that can be stored in the fridge for 28 days after broaching the vial.
- Bovilis® Nasalgen® 3-PMH is launched in US and Canada and is the first intranasal vaccine with both viral and bacterial BRD protection. That vaccine protects against IBR, BRSV, PI3, Pasteurella multocida and Mannheimia haemolytica and is safe to use in calves 1 week of age or older.
- All cattle vaccines are renamed and rebranded to the Bovilis® vaccine portfolio, making it easier for veterinarians and farmers to recognize the different vaccines and to identify the right vaccine fitting their needs.
- Bovilis® INtranasal RSP® Life is launched in EU. This vaccine can be used from 1 week of age, a unique claim to protect from an early age and provides the fast protection from 2 weeks of age onwards.
- Allflex Livestock Intelligence joins MSD Animal Health. Allflex supports farmers by providing identification and monitoring technology that delivers real-time actionable information to help them improve livestock management.
- Bovilis® IBR Marker Live and Bovilis® BVD receive an claim what extends the duration of immunity to 12 months, after the primary vaccination protocol.
- Bovilis® BVD and Bovilis® IBR Marker Live can be combined in a vaccination schedule, making it easier for veterinarians and farmers to protect against both diseases.
- Once PMH® IN is the first vaccine that delivers dual bacterial pneumonia protection against Pasteurella multocida and Mannheimia haemolytica (US).
- MSD Animal Health launches the first Bovine Schmallenberg Virus vaccine in Europe. This disease emerged in 2011 and the vaccine was developed and approved in record time.
- Bovilis® IBR marker live is the first marker vaccine for IBR.
- Rotavec® Corona is launched, it is the first 1 shot Neonatal Calf Diarrhea vaccine that induces specific antibodies in the colostrum of the dam.
- Bovilis® Bovipast® RSP is the first vaccine that uses the Iron Regulated Protein technology allows the vaccinated animal to mount a defense against Mannheimia haemolytica earlier in the cycle of bacterial attack than either traditional or leukotoxin vaccines.
Identification, monitoring and traceability
Through its commitment to the Science of Healthier Animals®, MSD Animal Health offers veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services, as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We dedicated to preserving and improving the health, wellbeing and performance of animals and the people who care for them.
Identification, monitoring and traceability allows farmers to track, trace and identify sick animals in an early stage.